Ignite Leadership Network of Portage County is a group of young professionals focused on providing professional, social, and philanthropic opportunities for our members to ensure a vibrant future for Portage County, Wisconsin.
- Ignite members have reached our goal of 1,000 logged community volunteer hours! How many hours can we log before the end of the year. Click here to add your hours!
- Reduced Price Membership: Starting July 1, Ignite is offering a six-month membership for $30! That's $20 in savings from the regular full-year membership. There's still time to sign up for your 2015 membership today.
Ignite Leadership Network of Portage County (Wisconsin) is a program designed to work with the next generation of community leaders between the ages of 21 and 40 (or the sufficiently young-at-heart) who want to make a difference in their community and beyond. The group's top priority is to develop and encourage philanthropic and community involvement activities while providing peer-to-peer networking and professional development opportunities. Members and their families participate in committees, networking events, volunteer projects, and leadership training opportunities. Members are educated on key community needs as well as initiatives that work to advance the common good as well as their own professional skills. Ignite is an affinity group of the United Way of Portage County.
Ignite Advisory Board:
Kelsey Corrigan (Sentry Insurance) - President
Kayla Rombalski (United Way) - Vice President
Eva Donohoo (UWSP College of Professional Studies) - Past President
Savannah Hebior (AIG) - Career Committee Co-Chair
Jenny Harter (SentryWorld/Self-Employed) - Career Committee Co-Chair
Matt Dykstra (Portage Co. Emergency Management) - Community Committee Co-Chair
Stephanie Inman (Ministry Home Health and Hospice) - Community Committee Co-Chair
Jenny Hoerter (Investor's Community Bank) - Connect Committee Chair
Mike Bialas (Thrivent Financial)
Lisa Kunst (Skyward)
Want to learn more about joining a committee or the advisory board? Email us!
For only $50, your Ignite Leadership Network of Portage County membership will provide you with the opportunity to visit local businesses and talk with the entrepreneurs who have built them, meet and network with your peers, as well as business leaders in the county, and get involved in your community. Outside of the value that you will receive from attending these events, there is a considerable cost savings in becoming a member versus paying per event. If you were to attend each event without obtaining a membership, the cost would be $195. (Non-member rates will be available for each event.) Go to www.ignitepocomember.eventbrite.com to join today!
Click here to view Ignite's membership brochure.
For only $50, your Ignite Leadership Network of Portage County membership will provide you with the opportunity to visit local businesses and talk with the entrepreneurs who have built them, meet and network with your peers, as well as business leaders in the county, and get involved in your community.
Outside of the value that you will receive from attending these events, there is a considerable cost savings in becoming a member versus paying per event. If you were to attend each event without obtaining a membership, the cost would be $195. (Non-member rates will be available for each event.)
Why is it so important for Portage County employers to support Ignite? Here are the top five reasons:
- Employee Loyalty: As employees feel more attached to an area through community involvement, they are more likely to stay in the area and with the same employer.
- Recruitment: Networking with current members can enrich the recruitment pool with leadership skills and other desirable traits.
- Increase Knowledge Base: Access to new ideas and resources can help your business become a stronger company internally and in the eyes of the surrounding area.
- Know the Human Resources Available: Companies have the opportunity to meet and network with the next generation of employees and be able to realistically gauge those who will be advancing in their careers.
- Peer-to-Peer Marketing: Members discuss where they work and what they do with each other at Ignite events. This is a way for other professionals to learn about your company from current employees.
Ask your employer to sponsor your membership!
- Backstage Pass Events See businesses and community organizations behind the scenes at Ignite Backstage Pass events. Learn what goes on inside Portage County’s best from food and brewing to politics and insurance. These events give members an opportunity to meet business leaders and learn what goes into their success while networking with fellow young professionals.
- L3: Lunch, Learn, Lead Series L3 programs are designed to be intimate roundtable discussions over lunch with area business and community leaders and are an opportunity for Ignite members to meet area leaders and hear their personal stories while engaging in a conversation about life, community and leadership.
- Social & Networking Events From speed networking to Holiday Jingle 'n Mingle, Ignite members grow their connections while building relationships professionally and personally. These opportunities ensure a skilled workforce for a growing Portage County economy, while members enjoy time with peers.
- Volunteer Opportunities Each year Ignite members select, plan and execute an annual service project. Past projects include the Born Learning Trail at Mead Park and a dog walking trail for volunteers and staff at the Humane Society of Portage County. With a diverse list of community service activities, members are able to find a cause that is tailored to fit their personal passions. Ignite encourages members to volunteer at community events throughout the year.
For additional information, please call 715-254-2192 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.