United Way of Portage County will kick off its seventh annual Community Diaper Drive on Mother’s Day weekend. Diapers will be collected through Father’s Day weekend, ending June 16.
More than $12,000 in diapers and monetary donations were collected during last year’s drive, filling a need many local agencies said was a top issue facing struggling families before the diaper drive was first held in 2013.
Diapers can be dropped off through Father's Day weekend Monday through Friday during business hours at:
- United Way of Portage County, 1100 Centerpoint Drive, #302, Stevens Point
- NRG Media- 2301 Plover Road, Plover, WI 54467
- Adventure 212- 3217 John Joanis Dr, Stevens Point, WI 54481
- PCBC- 5501 Vern Holmes Dr, Stevens Point, WI 54482
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Church- 2000 Roosevelt Dr, Plover, WI 54467
- Trinity Lutheran Church- 1410 Rogers St, Stevens Point, WI 54481
- Redeemer Lutheran Church- 900 Brilowski Rd, Stevens Point, WI 54482
- Bio Life- 3325 Business Park Dr, Stevens Point, WI 54482
- Tomorrow River Lutheran Parish- 293 S Main St, Amherst, WI 54406
- ADRC- 1519 Water St, Stevens Point, WI 54481
A full list of drop off locations can be found online at www.unitedwaypoco.org/community-diaper-drive.
Monetary donations are encouraged, as many distribution partners may be able to take advantage of large quantity pricing. Additionally, storage space is always at a premium and monetary donations allow distribution partners to buy the sizes they need, when they need them. Monetary donations can be dropped off at or sent to United Way of Portage County, c/o Community Diaper Drive, 1100 Centerpoint Dr., #302, Stevens Point, WI 54481.
The primary source for distribution of diapers will be Operation Bootstrap. Emergency and holiday distribution will be provided through other programs serving income-qualified families. Organizations will follow a tracking system and each family they will distribute to will meet established criteria. Requests for diapers should be made through Emergency Services.