- About Us
- Our Work
- Get Involved
Mission & Goals
United Way of Portage County inspires people to work together to improve lives and build stronger communities.
Together, we are taking action that makes a real difference today, while creating long-term solutions and measurable results for tomorrow.
More than 7,000 individuals and 250 organizations are already on board. We are actively recruiting others to join us. You can give, you can advocate, you can volunteer. That's what it means to LIVE UNITED™.
United Way advances the common good by creating opportunities for a better life for all.
Our strategies focus on goals in the areas of Education, Income and Health – the building blocks for a good quality of life.
Education: Helping Children and Youth Achieve Their Potential
- Families engage in healthy relationships and promote youth development
- Children and youth achieve academic progress at appropriate levels
Income: Promoting Financially Stability and Independence
- Increase independence of seniors and individuals with disabilities
- Empower low income individuals to become financially stable
Health: Improve People's Health
- Connect people with critical resources during crisis situations
- Increase overall health of uninsured and/or underinsured individuals in Portage County