United Way of Portage County wants to ensure that your campaign is fun and successful. This campaign toolkit should give your organization the materials you need to run a great campaign. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 715-341-6740.
Things to Consider with Your Campaign:
Campaign Dates: Friday, Aug. 19, to Friday, Nov. 17 (ALL pledge forms needed for Sweepstakes)
2016 Community Goal: $2.83 Million
Consider showing the United Way Video: This year's campaign video features some of Portage County's youngest residents determining how they can help their parents help the community. The video is available online at www.youtube.com/user/UnitedWayPortgCntyWI
Bring in a speaker: United Way staff is always eager to assist in coordinating an Agency Speaker at your workplace to discuss their role in the community. Email Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a speaker.
Every 15 minutes, someone in Portage County is helped through one of United Way's more than 30 funded programs and initiatives.
2016 Print Materials
- Campaign Coordinator Guide
- Campaign Brochure
- Pledge Form
- Campaign Sweepstakes Poster
- 20 Days of United Way Emails
- Where the Money Goes
- Your Community Impact
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Success Stories (Education, Income, Health)
- Success Stories: In A Fix
- Success Stories: Project Fresh Start
- Success Stories: Adapted Recreation
- Success Stories: Community Partners
- Success Stories: Skills Enhancement
- Success Stories: Meals on Wheels
- Funded Programs Poster
- Ignite Leadership Network of Portage County Informational Flyer
- Partner Program Facts
- Project Fresh Start
- Sample Support Letter from CEO and/or Campaign Organizer (Word Document)
- Employee Volunteer Opportunities
- Make A Difference Day Flyer
- United Way Message Platform Communications Guide
- Thermometer Poster
- FamilyWize Material
- Together, We Are United Way Poster (2016 Campaign)
- "It's About Bringing Grandma a Meal" Poster
- "It's About Bringing Grandma a Meal" Poster-Spanish
- "It's About Giving Kids a Place to Be Kids" Poster
- "It's About Giving Kids a Place to Be Kids" Poster-Spanish
- United Way Nets and Ladders Graph
- United Way By the Numbers: Crisis Shelter
- United Way By the Numbers: Dental Care
- United Way By the Numbers: Diapers
- United Way By the Numbers: Homelessness
- United Way By the Numbers: Meals on Wheels
- United Way By the Numbers: Reading
- United Way By the Numbers: School Supplies
Get a Packers football for your campaign:
Get a jump on this year’s campaign… put in a request for a signed Green Bay Packers Football by going online at www.packers.com/community/donations.html.
Be sure to do this early to have it in time for your 2017 United Way campaign. While there is no cost for the football if your request is honored, there is a formal process that must be followed due to the large number of requests received by the Packers organization.
To apply – write a letter requesting the ball on your company letterhead (including your United Way campaign start date), scan it in & attach the file to your request – six weeks in advance of the event/ start date of your campaign. Also, please take this opportunity to say “Thank You” to the Packers Organization for their generous support of the United Way – community campaign.
To submit a request today, go to: www.packers.com/community/donations.html . Under the “Donation Application Process” heading, click on the “United Way Application” (fourth one down).
You need to enter UWPC’s tax exempt number to proceed - this number is 390831152
When filling out the application - when asked for the event date, they are looking for the start date of your UW campaign
Do not send in an event flyer that incorporates the football as a prize in place of a letter on company letterhead since there are no guarantees of a football donation or receipt of a football – simply send a written request with event dates on your letterhead.
FYI – in answering the questions under “Verification and Eligibility” their system won’t let you proceed unless the following four questions can be answered with a “YES.”
- In-Kind donation?
- Your event/ campaign start date is at least six weeks away?
- Located in WI?
- Recipient is a nonprofit?
The Green Bay Packers kindly ask that you do not advertise this donation PRIOR to receiving notification that your application has been accepted.
Other Campaign Resources
- LIVE UNITED T-Shirt Request Form
- 2016 Raffle Information (PDF Version with 2016 United Way Raffle Agreement)
- 2016 Template for Class A Raffle Ticket (Microsoft Word)
- 2016 Campaign Video
- 2015 Campaign Video
- United Way Worldwide Video 1: What This Place Needs Is You
- United Way Worldwide Video 2: What United Way Does
- United Way Worldwide Video 3: United Way Messaging
- United Way Worldwide Video 4: Thank You
- Volunteerism Video (2011)
- Request Additional Campaign Materials
- United Way Store Online
- Fun Campaign Ideas
- Logos & Artwork