United Way of Portage County wants to ensure that your campaign is fun and successful. This campaign toolkit should give your organization the materials you need to run a great campaign. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 715-341-6740.
Things to Consider with Your Campaign:
Campaign Dates: Friday, Aug. 17, to Friday, Nov. 27 (ALL pledge forms needed for Sweepstakes)
2018 Community Goal: $2.95 Million
Consider showing the United Way Video: This year’s campaign video features actress Kathy Kinney (“The Drew Carey Show”). She talks about how your story connects to United Way’s story. The video is available online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFS-pCnaRW4.
Bring in a speaker: United Way staff is always eager to assist in coordinating an Agency Speaker at your workplace to discuss their role in the community. Email Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a speaker.
Every 15 minutes, someone in Portage County is helped through one of United Way's more than 30 funded programs and initiatives.
2018 Print Materials
- Campaign Coordinator Guide
- Campaign Brochure
- Pledge Form
- Campaign Sweepstakes Poster
- 20 Days of United Way Emails
- Where the Money Goes
- Your Community Impact
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Success Stories: In A Fix
- Success Stories: Project Fresh Start
- Success Stories: Adapted Recreation
- Success Stories: Skills Enhancement
- Success Stories: Meals on Wheels
- Funded Programs Poster
- Partner Program Facts
- Project Fresh Start
- Sample Support Letter from CEO and/or Campaign Organizer (Word Document)
- Strategic Volunteer Engagement Opportunities
- Make A Difference Day Flyer
- I am. We are. What it means to LIVE UNITED! (2018 Campaign Poster)
- To Live Better, We Must Live United (2017 Campaign Poster)
- Together, We Are United Way Poster (2016 Campaign Poster)
- "It's About Bringing Grandma a Meal" Poster
- "It's About Bringing Grandma a Meal" Poster-Spanish
- "It's About Giving Kids a Place to Be Kids" Poster
- "It's About Giving Kids a Place to Be Kids" Poster-Spanish
- United Way Nets and Ladders Graph
- Campaign Coordinator Invite
- Delta Dental Match Letter 2018
- Portage County LIFE Report Fact Sheet
- 2017 Corporate Cornerstone Partner Benefits
- 2018 Dates to Remember
Get a Packers football for your campaign:
NOTE TO CAMPAIGN COORDINATORS - the Packers Organization does not guarantee what type of item you will receive. While they are currently donating a football - that that could change depending on their inventory and on the time of year that the donation is requested.
To submit a request for a donation for your upcoming United Way Campaign, go to the following website: www.packers.com/community/donations.html
1. Under the heading Requesting Donations click on “Start a new application.”
- If you are a New applicant or Never used the online system, you should click "New Applicant? Click here to create account." under the E-mail box. Follow the prompts to create an account.
- If you are a returning applicant, please enter your email and password and click Enter.
- If you are a returning applicant but forgot your password, click Forgot Password? Click Here. Follow the instructions. You will receive a temporary password in your email.
2. Next it will take you to the Verification of Eligibility page. Please answer the below requests accordingly:
- Is the organization located in Wisconsin, Michigan, or Iowa OR does the organization primarily assist residents of Wisconsin, Michigan, or Iowa. YES
- Applications must be submitted no later than six weeks prior to the date of the event. Is the event at least six weeks from today? YES
- Select the type of in-kind donation (non-cash) you are seeking: United Way Workplace Campaign, then click “Submit”.
3. You will then be brought to the application page, please fill this out completely.
NOTE: To complete the donation request, you will also need the following United Way information:
- Address: 1100 Centerpoint Drive, Ste 302 Stevens Point, WI 54481
- Phone: 715-341-6740
- Type of nonprofit: 501(c)3
- County agency is located: Portage
- Agency’s area code or state: WI North (715)
- UWPC’s tax exempt number is: 390831152
4. Before you can submit the application, you will be required to attach a written request on your companies’ letterhead. Please be sure to include the start date (application must be submitted six weeks prior to this date) of your campaign in the written request. You can also attach a flyer or poster that advertises the event.
- Please note, that you will not be able to submit your application without attaching the supporting documentation. If you do not have the supporting documentation, you can SAVE the request and finish it later.
- If you SAVE your application to finish at a later time, you will receive an email saying that you application has been SAVED but NOT submitted.
Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an email saying that you application has been successfully submitted.
If you have any questions while filling out the application, you can contact Julie Broeckel, Corporate Giving Coordinator at the Green Bay Packers at 920-569-7324 or by email at email@example.com.
Other Campaign Resources
- LIVE UNITED T-Shirt Request Form
- 2018 Raffle Information (PDF Version with 2018 United Way Raffle Agreement)
- 2018 Template for Class A Raffle Ticket (Microsoft Word)
- 2017 Campaign Video
- 2016 Campaign Video
- 2015 Campaign Video
- United Way Worldwide Video 1: What This Place Needs Is You
- United Way Worldwide Video 2: What United Way Does
- United Way Worldwide Video 3: United Way Messaging
- United Way Worldwide Video 4: Thank You
- Volunteerism Video (2011)
- Request Additional Campaign Materials
- United Way Store Online
- Fun Campaign Ideas
- Logos & Artwork