From prenatal through young adulthood, (cradle to career), education provides the basis for individual development, advances an inclusive and culturally diverse mindset, supports transition to family-sustaining employment, and builds a strong community.
Priority #1: Prenatal to age 5
Portage County children enter kindergarten developmentally on track and ready to succeed.
Priority #2: Ages 6-18
Portage County youth will be supported on their path to academic success.
Priority #3: Ages 18-24 Young Adults
Assist young adults in Portage County in accessing career path guidance and opportunities that put them in the best position to achieve their full potential and reduce barriers to their success.
Education partner programs / initiatives include:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters - Community-Based and Site-Based Mentoring
- Born Learning Initiative*
- Boy Scouts of America - Scoutreach
- Boys & Girls Club of Portage County - Rural Programming
- Boys & Girls Club of Portage County - Teen Programming
- CAP Services - Hmong Uplift Program
- Girl Scouts of Northwestern Great Lakes - Life Skills for Girls/Reaching Out
- Stevens Point Area YMCA - Birth to Five Program
- United Way of Portage County - Learn for Life