Now accepting applications for the Portage County COVID-19 Relief Fund
United Way of Portage County and the Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin have partnered to establish the Portage County COVID-19 Relief Fund (PCCRF) which will provide flexible resources to organizations in Portage County working with community members who are disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 and the economic consequences of this outbreak.
Before applying for funding, please read through the funding criteria below.
Portage County COVID-19 Relief Fund Criteria
To provide funding to organizations in Portage County working with community members who are disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 and the economic consequences of this outbreak. These funds will provide these organizations with resources for individuals and families negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic as described below including, but not limited to:
- Food insecurity
- Education interruptions
- Employment reductions
- Housing vulnerabilities
- Medical access
Anticipated Funding Phases
Multiple phases of funding are anticipated to address both the acute needs now and the longer-term impacts of the outbreak and recovery.
- Phase one of rapid-response grants will prioritize community-based organizations which are serving individuals who are immediately and disproportionately suffering from this crisis.
- The main goal in phase one is to help meet acute basic needs and help increase resiliency in Portage County.
Funding decisions will be made based on the highest areas of need determined through ongoing communications with non-profit agencies and social sector serving agencies.
Organizations Eligible to Receive Funding
- 501c3 nonprofit organizations
- Other charitable organizations able to receive a tax-deductible contribution, such as schools, faith-based organizations and other public entities
- All organizations MUST use the grant funding for those living within Portage County
Organizations Not Eligible to Receive Funding
- Labor Unions
- Hospitals and clinics
- Pre-existing needs
Funds will be released on a rolling basis as fundraising continues throughout the outbreak and recovery phases of the crisis. The goal is to move resources quickly and adapt to evolving needs in subsequent funding phases. Award decisions will be made by noon every Friday.
Applications must be submitted by 5pm the Wednesday before for consideration by that Friday.
- All organizations who receive funding are required to submit a follow-up form within 3 months of Portage County COVID-19 Relief Funding.
- Follow-up form must be completed before additional applications can be submitted.
Accepting Requests Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020
Awards announced beginning: Friday, March 27, 2020
Application can be found online.
The above criteria may be subject to change at any time based on community response to the COVID-19 crisis.